Here is our top tips list of things to do in Munich.
1) Walk from Karlsplatz to Marienplatz, explore the shops and churches.
2) Go shopping, explore the strech from Karlsplatz to Marienplatz and also all around the back of the Rathaus.
3) Rent a bicycle and cycle through the Englischer Garten.
4) Visit the Olympiapark, and on a good (clear view) day go up the Olympiaturm.
5) Visit a beer garden or beer cellar.
6) Get a real taste of Bavaria and eat in the Ratskeller, the restaurant under the Rathaus.
7) If you’re fit enough, go up the Alter Peter church at the Marienplatz to get a great view of the city centre.
8) Visit the Viktualienmarkt next to the Marienplatz (food market).
9) Look inside the Frauenkirche and other churches.
10) Have a nice coffee, some cake or a beer in one of the countless cafes outside.
11) Obviously at Oktoberfest time, visit the Oktoberfest.
12) Before Christmas, visit some Christmas Markets.
13) Have a Bavarian breakfast in a beer garden or beer cellar; eat Weisswurst, Beer and a Pretzel before 11am, but peel the sausages.
14) See a concert of some kind at a venue like the Gasteig or Muffathalle.
15) Go to the opera, theatre or cinema.
16) If the weather is really bad, go to a shopping centre like the Olympia Einkaufzentrum.
17) Spend a day at the zoo.
18) If it’s hot, go to the river Isar and take a dip and have a BBQ.