Christmas Markets in Munich
Numerous Christmas markets take place in Munich between the 1st advent and Christmas eve, and the most famous one is the Christmas market at the Marienplat.
From 27.November 2017.
The most famous Christmas market is the Christkindl market. This is traditional Christmas at its very best and you’ll find all manner of stalls selling crafts, sweets, cakes, food, mulled wine and other delights. In recent years there hasn’t been much snow at market time but the atmosphere is always very special. Beware this is the one the tourists head to, so it gets busy
Organiser: Munich Tourist Office
Tel (089) 2 33 03 00, Fax (089) 23 33 02 33
From the 1st advent till Christmas eve, Monday to Friday 10.00am – 8.30pm, Saturday 9.00am – 8.30pm, Sunday 10.00am – 7.30pm, 24th December 10.00am – 2.00pm
Christmas market locations in Munich
• Christmas market at Marienplatz, Marienplatz underground, and most trains.
• Christmas market at Sendlinger Tor (U1, U2, U3, U6, Sendlinger Tor station).
• Christmas market at the Chinesicher Turm (Chinese Tower). Restaurant at the Chinesischer Turm in the Englischer Garten.
• Schwabinger Weihnachtsmarkt (Schwabing Christmas Market), at Münchner Freiheit U3, U6.
• Christmas Market at Munich airport (Munich Airport Center, Forum; S-Bahnhof Flughafen Terminal. Opening hours: Mon – Fri – 2 pm -9 pm , Sat/Sun 11 am – 9 pm)
• Christmas Market of Haidhausen (Weißenburger Platz, S-/U-Bahn Ostbahnhof (Haidhausen) Opening hours: daily 11 am – 8 pm, 24th Dec. 10 am – 2 pm
Internet: www.haidhauser-Christmas Market.de)
• Medieval Christmas Market with gospel singing (1st December – 23rd December 2006)
Wittelsbacher Platz (close to Odeonsplatz)
Unique Gothic stalls, a Celtic Arcade, and other kiosks made of wood replicate historical medieval market architecture.
• Tollwood Christmas Market, at the Theresienwiese U4, U5.
All christmas markets but one end on the 24th December, the one that stays open till after New Year is at Munich airport. This is about 35 mins drive or a 50 min public transport ride away from the centre but worth seeing if you arrive in town after the 24th.